Today, Samsung announced the Exynos 1380 chipset. It is the successor to the Exynos 1280 chipset which powered the smartphones like Galaxy A33 and Galaxy A53. Let’s look at the specifications, features, and availability of the Samsung Exynos 1380 chipset.
Exynos 1380 Overview
The new Exynos 1380 chipset comes with support for up to 200MP camera (single lens). Likewise, it supports camera setup up to 16MP (all three of 16MP) with video recording up to 4k@30fps. Talking about the display, there is support for a Full HD+ panel with a refresh rate of up to 144Hz.
Moving on, the chipset features an eight-core CPU consisting of four Cortex-A78 cores with 2.4 GHz frequency and other 4 Cortex-A55 efficient cores at 2.0 GHz clock speed. It packs Mali-G68 MP5 GPU for handling graphics.
The chipset is based on 5nm EUV architecture. It supports UFS 3.1 storage and LPDDR4X/5 RAM. Similarly, the SoC brings an integrated 5G model that supports mmWave as well as sub-6 GHz networks. It retains other features like (2.4/5GHz) Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.2, BeiDou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS GNSS positioning, and NFC.
Exynos 1380 Specifications
- CPU: 4x 2.4Ghz Cortex-A78 & 4x 2.0Ghz Cortex-A55
- GPU: Arm Mali-G68 MP5
- Memory: LPDDR4x/5 RAM, UFS 3.1 Storage
- AI Engine: AI Engine with NPU, 4.9 TOPS
- Modem: 5G NR Sub-6GHz + 5G NR mmWave, 3.79 Gbps DL, 1.28 Gbps UL, global 5G multi-SIM
- Wi-Fi: (dual-band) Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Camera: Up to 200MP in single camera mode, Triple Camera up to 16MP
- Video: 4k@30fps
- Display: Full HD+ @144Hz
- Manufacturing Technology: 5nm
- Others: Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo GNSS
Exynos 1380 Availability
Samsung hasn’t mentioned the availability of the Exynos 1380 in the press release. However, the upcoming Galaxy A54 is rumored to come with this chipset.